Scholarships are available through a variety of programs. The Sustainability Major has resources on scholarships, along with Financial Aid & Scholarships. A few highlighted scholarships related to sustainability are listed below. You can find internships and job opportunities at our Careers/Internships page.
Scholarships of up to $2,000 and a 1-year student membership to the AEP are available to undergraduate or graduate students who:
- Are actively engaged in the pursuit of a career in a field with an environmental emphasis
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
Up to 12 fellowships available in Estuarine Science for Pre-and Postdoctoral research.
- June application deadline for fellowships that begin September.
- Postdoctoral fellows $45,000 stipend per year plus eligible expenses up to $30,000 per year.
- Graduate fellows stipend $25,000 per year plus expenses up to $19,500.
- Trends/patterns of habitats, populations, and system response to a changing environment
- Aquatic invasive (Exotic) species
- Water supply, water quality
- Developing indicators and performance measures
Scholarships of $500 are available to students pursuing an education in building construction or inspection technology.
The International Code Council is dedicated to helping the building safety community and construction industry provide “safe, sustainable and affordable construction through the development of codes and standards used in the design, building and compliance process.”
The San Diego Chapter of the ICC promotes uniform and consistent application of the building codes, public health and safety through education, training and the code development process, and awareness of the role of the regional building and safety departments.